Strong vs. Weak Leaders

Weak leaders lock people into job descriptions. Strong leaders unlock people's full potential.




https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/weak-leaders-lock-people-job-descriptions-strong-full-vishnepolsky/

Excerpt:

I was not qualified for my fist management job.
I acted as such, and my team was not happy.
I was too cautious to avoid mistakes and screw ups, and held my team back.
My new boss called me into his office, and asked to close the door.
He said - Oleg, I want you to make 5 significant mistakes a week.
I was shocked.
My boss was brilliant. He knew I needed to be liberated.
Empowered, I went back and my team and I were set on fire. We launched first in the industry financial web site. We migrated clients to a new system. We moved data centers.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Agile Framework (Parody) - By Dan Greenberg

How To Be An Effective Product Owner (The Getting Ready for Work Game) - By Dan Greenberg